About Calm Therapy
Hello, my name is Kalpana Asok, and I am a California-licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with over 30 years of experience.
Currently, I help California patients via online video therapy.
My approach to Psychotherapy
I help you gain insight and learn to make a new and more effective structure for your life so you can address both causes and symptoms that are troubling in your relationships. Some people see me for limited sessions, and others work on making many changes in their lives over a period of years.
I help you to manage your life better, improve your understanding of yourself, your relationships, and conflicts and help you to deepen your emotional intimacy with your partner.
I work with you individually, or as a couple to address relationship issues. I help you resolve family stress, depression, and anxiety so you can live a more calm life. When you can’t resolve a problem by yourself, or have the same arguments that don’t go anywhere, it is smarter to invest in getting professional help. Working in an atmosphere of trust, safety, kindness, and understanding is essential to making big changes in your life so you have stability, structure, peace, and happiness. Silicon Valley has a unique work and life culture – I have lived in its communities for over 30 years and understand its pressures, rewards, and challenges from the inside.
Call any time to leave a message:
You will always get my voicemail.
Please expect a call back within two business days. My caller ID may show as “blocked.”
My Areas of Expertise Are:
- Depression and anxiety
- Reducing family stress
- Conscious parenting
- Effective and authentic communication
- Strengthening relationships
- Resolving trauma
- Negotiating cultural differences
- Improving workplace relationships
Training and Experience
- California-licensed Marriage and Family Therapist - MFT #36269 / NPI # 1861551251.
- Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology, with an emphasis in Health Psychology from Santa Clara University.
- Board Member, Santa Clara University, Education & Counseling Psychology Advisory Board.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Biological Sciences.
- Clinical member of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists.
- Experienced as a trained NICU infant cuddler at Stanford Hospital.